Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Oh well...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2000
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there!

    I hoped for a new W2K driver release for I visited the Terratec W2K support page and it was down (I though they were updating it or something). I guess I am wrong again.

    Anyway I read some of the posts and that anti-complaint policy. I think everyone is right to a certain extent. sine most of the complaints have been already stated many times, I will just post one of my problems:

    The problem is, I cannot get the synthesiser to work under W2k. I read all the recommendations about tweaking with the ews64 control center and tried many different configs but that ! won't go! Actually I need the MIDI 1 port to work and since the synth is responsible for it this is the only way I'm afraid.

    Any suggestions? you can find more info for my system from my previous post (just look for "I implore you to read this one" as a topic").

    Thank you all!
    George D.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2000
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does this mean I have no hope at all? :-((((((

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, missed your post...

    First, what's your Synths IRQ number... I have SynthIRQ11, and it doesn't work, W2K just says "cannot use IRQ 11". Device manager doesn't show reservations for that IRQ, but IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. F**K!

    Second, disable ACPI. It causes problems!

    Third, wait for final W2K drivers... I mean, that's what I'm doing.

    Peace, love & that kind of stuff...

    ------------------
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    .KKu
    [email protected]
    http://kotisivu.raketti.net/kaaro

    [This message has been edited by KKu (edited May 15, 2000).]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2000
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi!

    Sorry for the delay but it's exman period at school now and I don't have much time...
    Anyway heres my IRQ config:

    IRQ Number Device
    128 Creative CT6941
    7 EWS64 MIDI-2
    5 EWS64 Codec Driver
    14 Primary IDE Channel
    15 Secondary IDE Channel
    31 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    48 Symbios 22910, 21002 PCI SCSI Adapter; 53C896 Device
    1 PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
    4 Communications Port (COM1)
    3 Communications Port (COM2)
    6 Standard floppy disk controller
    8 System CMOS/real time clock
    13 Numeric data processor
    12 Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse (IntelliPoint)

    These are copied and pasted from the system information program... I don't know what these 128 IRQs are!!!!

    It seems as if although I have forced the EWS to use IRQ 11, it remains free...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    IRQ 11 just doesn't work in W2K...
    I mean, no difference what kind of configuration you have, it doesn't work. I haven't got synth working at IRQ 11 even if W2K shows it's free, it just gives me error message "cannot use IRQ 11"
    I hope this have been fixed in final drivers...

    ------------------
    .KKu
    [email protected] http://kotisivu.raketti.net/kaaro

  6. #6
    Inactive Member straubgx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Yeah,

    let's hope for some

    REALLY GOOD WIN2K DRIVERS.

    ...still sheduled for April 2000 on the germany terratec website :-(

  7. #7
    Inactive Member GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2000
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK, I'm afraid I have some bad news (at least for me) :-)

    I wanted to reconfigure the BIOS of the XL but it seems as if the boot disk I used to get in DOS mode had a virus and thus the boot sector is damaged (I lost all my data again :-( Well you get used to it some day :-) )

    Anyway I heard that Win2k hate IRQ settings being dynamically changed after the installation is complete. So before re-setting up my system I will update terratec's BIOS with the setting I WANT. I'll let you know if anything work...

    Cya
    GD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •